This first course is designed to introduce the student to Medical Qigong exercises to maintain health, heal their bodies, calm their minds, and reconnect with their spirit.
The course will introduce the student to the basic theories of energy tonification, purgation, and regulation of the body’s organs and energy channels, as well as strengthening the body’s protective energy field (Wei Qi).
Other topics covered in this course include:
• Respiration, posture, and mental training
• Emotional detoxification
• Healing sound therapy
• Analyzing and categorizing qigong exercises
• Introduction to medical qigong prescriptions
• Establish a personal medical qigong workout
Objective: Students will have a basic understanding of the three regulations of medical qigong and be able to properly develop a medical qigong routine.
This second course is designed to introduce the student to the further theories of energy purgation, tonification, regulation and cultivation. In addition, strengthening the body’s protective energy field (Wei Qi) and the techniques used to avoid absorbing Toxic Qi while in a clinical environment will be discussed.
Students are led through a progressive series of advanced Shen Gong (Spirit Skill) meditations and exercises, used to develop advanced intuitive diagnostic skills. Additionally, students will learn the Medical Qigong treatment protocol for treating clients.
Other topics covered in this course will include:
• Developing Energetic Sensitivity and Perception Skills
• Energetic Projection Skills and Advanced Emotional Detoxification Therapy
• Yi Quan meditation exercises to develop focused intention of mind and energy
• Introduction to clinical energetic diagnostic techniques
• Introduction to prescriptions and clinical treatments
Objective: Students will develop energetic diagnostic and projection skills with a focus on clinical Qigong therapy and Traditional Chinese Medicine. Emphasis will be placed on the practical clinical applications of Medical Qigong Therapy.
Prerequisite: Introduction to Medical Qigong Therapy (Course 1)
This third course is designed to offer the student an overview of the major principles and foundational structures that govern Traditional Chinese Medical Qigong.
Other topics covered include:
• Three levels of Ancient Daoist Mysticism
• Four Functional Properties of Energy
• Materializing and Dematerializing Energy
• Establishing a Medical Qigong Clinic
• Combining Medical Qigong with Other Healing Modalities
• Qi Emitting Methods (including Invisible Needle, Energetic Point Therapy, etc.)
• Internal Organ Prescriptions and Healing Sound Therapy
Objective: Students will have a deeper comprehension of the body’s energetic matrix as it pertains to Traditional Chinese Medicine, Disease, Diagnosis, and the Medical Qigong Clinic. The focus will be placed on integrating clinical qigong modalities, advanced assessment, energetic modulation skills, case studies, and clinical exercises.
Prerequisite: Introduction to Diagnosis and Treatments (Course 2.P)
This fourth course offers the student an overview of the major principles and foundational structures that govern Traditional Chinese Medical Qigong. This course is designed to introduce students to the advanced theories and clinical modalities of internal organ treatment, as well as the Medical Qigong Exercises and Meditations prescribed as homework in the Medical Qigong Clinic.
Other topics covered include:
• Treatment of Liver diseases
• Treatment of Heart diseases
• Treatment of Spleen diseases
• Treatment of Stomach diseases
• Treatment of Lung diseases
• Treatment of Kidney diseases
Objective: Students will have a deeper comprehension of specific organ diseases as they pertain to Traditional Chinese Medicine, Diagnosis, and Medical Qigong prescriptions. Emphasis will be placed on the practical clinical applications of Chinese Medical Qigong Therapy.
Prerequisite: Medical Qigong Diagnosis and Treatments (Course 2)
This 5-day seminar will be the culminating event for each of the certification programs (MQP, MQT, and MMQ). Beyond the theoretical and practical exams, it offers the student exposure and first hand experience of medical qigong diagnoses and treatments.
The student will study and experience different aspects of energetic dysfunctions and symptom manifestations. The instructor will guide and assist in all phases of diagnosis and treatment during the Clinical Theater and Internship phases.
Course content will include:
• Exploring case studies
• Integrating advanced clinical modalities
• Applying advanced diagnosis and advanced energetic modulation skills
An outline of the course follows:
• Comprehensive Academic Review
• Comprehensive Academic Exam
• Comprehensive Practical Review
• Comprehensive Practical Exam
• Clinical Theater
• Clinical Internship
If the student has successfully completed all requirements for their respective certificate program, a certificate will be issued at the end of this Seminar.
Objective: Students will be confident in diagnosing and treating clients, as well as creating and maintaining accurate clinical records.
Prerequisite: seminars for MQP (1 – 4); MQT (5 – 8); MMQ (9 – 12); DMQ
In the clinical internship, the academic and theoretical knowledge gained in the Medical Qigong courses gets put into practical application. The objective is for the student to become confident in diagnosing and treating patients, as well as creating and maintaining accurate clinical records.
After completing “Introduction to Diagnosis and Treatments” (Course 2), the student should begin to treat clients and gain clinical experience. As the student gains experience and attends more advanced courses their knowledge and abilities will increase as will their abilities to diagnose and treat more challenging cases.
The student is expected to keep complete histories on clients which include client histories, treatments, and prescription exercises.
Prior to completing certification for MQP, MQT, and MMQ, the student must provide copies of clinic log (verifying clinic hours), a sample of client histories, and case studies.