Services for Qigong and Meditation
This service allows individuals to connect deeper with their Higher Spiritual self.
Diligent practice fosters deeper awareness.
This hour long class meets every Wednesday evening at 6:30 p.m.
Taught by Doctoral Candidates in the Medical Qigong program, they determine the content based upon the energy of the students who attend on any given night.
Qigong (chee-gung) is an over five-thousand year-old Chinese health method that combines slow graceful movements with mental concentration and breathing to increase and balance a person’s vital energy. There are thousands of different forms and movements of Qigong and thousands of different ways to achieve a meditative state. Dr. D’Angelo draws from his deep library of knowledge on these practices offering something new and effective each night.
The class develops further refinement with emphasis on energy awareness & reaching a state of “no mind” or “empty mind”. It is a path of seeking universal truth through the practice of breath & mental calm.
- This class is designed to introduce you to the style, flow, and intention of a Qigong practice. As a beginner, you will have no difficulty following along with the movements and meditations. The exercises are simple, but each class will offer something new and you will be able to go deeper and relax more every time.
- The instructor’s role in this class is to contain every individual’s Qi field into an overall group healing field. Practicing with a group enhances your energy level and has a special healing effect.
- Please be aware that you may sometimes experience emotional or physical discomfort in the class. If this occurs, you are encouraged to stop your practice and to sit or lie down to rest and recover.
- Wear comfortable clothes that feel good to move or sit in. It is advisable to bring layers of clothing as some nights we may practice seated meditation. Please, take care and watch out for catching wind or cold.
- Do not practice the dynamic exercises if you are pregnant. Instead, you may join the class meditating in the Qi field for the duration of the hour or however long you are comfortable.
- Please be on time and remember to turn your cell phone off prior to the practice. If you are late, please enter the practice space quietly.
- We don’t recommend these dynamic exercises to people who have severe high blood pressure, severe heart disease, mental disorder and pregnancy. For other physical conditions, please verify with your physician your suitability for this type of exercise prior to coming to class.
- By joining in the class, you agree that you read these special notes and are aware of the risk of Qigong exercises, and that you are fully responsible for any of your physical reactions during or after leaving the class.
Wednesday 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Open offering with donations welcome
suggested donation of $25 per class
Dr.Tony D’Angelo,DMQ(China) is a doctor of Medical Qigong with extensive training in Medical Qigong at the International Institute of Medical Qigong.